Friday, November 5, 2010

The Gift of Spending Thanksgiving with my Teans

As Thanksgiving sneaks up on me I have to start planning the feast I will prepare for my son, my daughter and her friends in San Francisco.This is the perfect opportunity for me to get to know my teens even better and practice what I learned from Love And Logic.  I figure I am helping out a large group of starving students who couldn't get home for the holiday. Last year there were 15 kids and I stayed close to a traditional meal but I want to step out of the box a bit. Of course I will have turkey, brined and juicy but this year I plan to take the sides up a notch. Here is my menu so far:

Thanksgiving 2010
  Shrimp Gazpacho Shooters
 Italian Style cold asparagus salad
Brined and Roasted Turkey
Stuffing extraordinaire
Green been bundles wrapped in bacon
Roasted potato fans
Broccoli Gratin
Home made dinner rolls
Individual molten chocolate mousse cups

 Now that ought to make some mouths drool. I found some white ceramic mini mugs that work for the desert at my local restaurant supply store. Most of the dinner can be made ahead ready to reheat at the last minute. I will have to get the shrimp when I get to SF so they are very fresh and that should be easy. I will do as much ahead of time as I can, pack it in coolers and drive from Los Angeles to San Francisco early in the pre dawn hours on Thanksgiving day. I plan to finish the brown the rolls and the gratin just before dinner and bake the desert after I serve dinner. That will give everyone a chance to digest the meal and relax before desert. I have added the recipe to my best recipes page.

No comments:

Post a Comment